California, Orange County. (updated-5/12)

For those of you looking to connect with others regarding release parties/events for The Host and Breaking Dawn
QuirkyMarie
Learning to Love Green

California, Orange County. (updated-5/12)

Post by QuirkyMarie »

Hey everyone. Im rather new to planning release parties for books but ive planned plenty of gatherings for conventions and things so im hopping to step up and take on this project. Anyway i was wanting to know if anyone would be interested in attending a Midnight party in the Orange County, (laguna niguel, mission viejo, aliso viejo etc. area -also open to Rancho Santa Mrgta.). We have about four of us here who dont want to drive to far and we know there are a lot of fans here in the area we are just wondering if its possible to organize one here. So let us know if your willing to check it out in this area. We are working on event ideas already and are also working on a location but we are saving that mainly for votes. WE have a lot of cool ideas for the gathering to keep us busy as we wait and we hope to meet a lot of twilighters just like us. So what do you think?

Place:

We are probably holding it at the local borders seeing as they said they where definatly having a release party.
(Borders in mission viejo, CA, off oso prkway. )
I checked with them and they said its almost 100% they are having one. as for the local borders which informs me they are having a masquarede themed party if having one at all, has no decided if they are having one yet so i willl let you know if we switch however as of right now we are sticking to borders.

Theme: Masquered if its at Barnes& Noble. We need to discuss it with Borders once we go back. However the Theme is still being juggeled. Depends on location and votes. We thought the "volturis layer," "Prom night" or "look into the past" as possible themes. (details will be given later....look in the past basically means cullen family time period in which they where turned.)

Activities in the air:
(again depends a lot on location but here are some of the ideas we are tossing around)
-Costume Contest (maybe)
-Vampire Trivia
-Guest book
-Auction (want to cosplay a cullen? be prepared..you might just be auctions off...)
-Civilized Debate: Edward vs. Jacob
((we will have a referie...it would be awsome if it was bella but we dont know))
-Stephenie Meyer Congrads book:
((a scrap book type ordeal...its in the air but basically write about how you liked the series and everything))
-of course the hourly count down: headed by alice who will give off a new prize every hour...XD

-those are all ideas in the working but they are things i can easily set in motion depending on the location, the amount of people, and the money i have coming it which isnt a lot. all in all we will sort it out. The activity ideas will be set in stone after we figure out the location.

thanks again. ^.^
Last edited by QuirkyMarie on Mon May 12, 2008 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jasper & Alice Lover.
QuirkyMarie
Learning to Love Green

Post by QuirkyMarie »

we are getting closer to June. so im waiting in on the local book stores. I think the managers might hate me after this hahaha.
Jasper & Alice Lover.
QuirkyMarie
Learning to Love Green

Post by QuirkyMarie »

as an update. though i do not see anyone really paying attention to this thread ill keep it updated anyway since its what our group is doing.

Ok.

YAY!!! we have a location, and even better we might have two in which we can choose which one we want. However Barnes and noble is keeping it hush hush if they are having one or not, though the manager kindly informed me it would be masquerede themed if they where having one. i will be returning to the two book stores to talk about it further with both. other then that we are probably sticking to borders off oso parkway by the mission viejo mall since it is almost definate about its party and has also alot of room.

two.

we have a solid list of events, that we will be going over with teh book store manager, however we are fairly certain we will be conducting at the event.

the list being.

-TwilightTrivia: a test of how much you know, there will be three categories (twilight, new moon, and eclipse) in which you will gain points for each category. Also we will throw in a few host questions just to get your goat. There will be a prize for the winner, including many little goodies.

-Alice cullen Fortune Telling: We have and Alice who will be conducting fortunes...we have her reading books on it now...she will be as in character as possible. (she an actress) however.....she is a bit tall for alice so she will be sitting down most the night to hide the obvious difference.

-Edward Vs. Jacob: (formal debate) we will be taking notes and quotes from people on the issue of who really is the better guy. We are turning it into an organized and supervised debate hosted and controled by rosalie hale. of course...she will probably be doing her nails as it goes on. but at least we allow you to bicker in a formal arrganment.

Stephenie Meyer "Thankyou Twilight" scrape book:
this event is still in the works but basically bring yourr other three books because youll want it for this event. no we arent making you cut them up ..... we will provide everything.

Costume contest: this event will take place judging on how many people show up dressed up weather it be at barnes& noble or borders. We will have hopefully prizes for the following categories though keep in mind we are teenagers with a small budget. :

-most extravegant twilighter
-best cullen
-best werewolf
-best look alike over all.

"Very-Human Potluck!": come up with a creative dish and bring it to the party. we will hopefully have naother table set out for food so we all can hang and eat while enduring the torturous wait till midnight.

i think thats about it but other then that ill update soon with more details on theme and location.
Jasper & Alice Lover.
alli_librarian
Settled in Forks

Post by alli_librarian »

Hi, OC Twilighters!

In addition to the awesome-sounding plans in the works for the Mission Viejo area, I just wanted to let you know that the Aliso Viejo Library is having a Breaking Dawn pre-release party on Friday, August 1, from 7:30 - 9:30 pm.

Our local Barnes & Noble is doing a midnight release party, so we didn't want to compete with that- but we thought it would be fun to have something to do before the midnight parties get started!

The Aliso Viejo Library's Twilight Saga Soiree will include:

* Crafting (pocket shrines, bookmarks, and more)
* Games (Twilight pictionary, guess the quote, etc.)
* Last-minute theories about what will happen in Breaking Dawn (spoiler free!)
* Refreshments, of course (red velvet cake, anyone?)
* Goodies and prizes (yay, free stuff!)

We invite you to bring friends, wear your Twilight-themed t-shirts, and join us for an evening of squee-filled fun!

The Aliso Viejo Library is located at:
1 Journey
Aliso Viejo, CA 92656

Please register for this event by calling (949) 360-1730 or by sending me a PM. Thanks!