Release Party GAmes...beyond trivia

For those of you looking to connect with others regarding release parties/events for The Host and Breaking Dawn
jennCullen
Settled in Forks

Post by jennCullen »

I love these ideas!! I've been to every midnight release of Harry Potter that was available and those were always fun. Perhaps there can be a story teller who tells the story of the Werewolves (the third wife story). I think that could be interesting...

There can also possibly be a palest person contest or something. Cast look-a-likes to take pictures with, etc etc.
the greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return
Frerard Addict
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Frerard Addict »

jennCullen wrote:I love these ideas!! I've been to every midnight release of Harry Potter that was available and those were always fun. Perhaps there can be a story teller who tells the story of the Werewolves (the third wife story). I think that could be interesting...

There can also possibly be a palest person contest or something. Cast look-a-likes to take pictures with, etc etc.
I like the werewolf story teller idea
Last edited by Frerard Addict on Sat Apr 19, 2008 12:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
[img]http://i28.tinypic.com/2n8c6qu.jpg[/img][img]http://i26.tinypic.com/akd0rk.gif[/img][img]http://i25.tinypic.com/1zdltkw.gif[/img]

Please read my fan fiction!
www.quizilla.com/user/lissete

[b]Team Switzerland![/b]

Bella: [i]Did you know, you're sort of beautiful?[/i]
Jacob: [i]You hit your head pretty hard, didn't you?[/i]
Hyper_Phantom
Settled in Forks

Post by Hyper_Phantom »

Nik wrote:What about a Masquerade (a type of party/dance/thingy where everyone wears masks)?

Or a costume contest like everyone else said...or a spellign bee with Twilight words (they did this at the HP7 midnight release and it was fun) and a bunch of other stuff.
The masq. idea is really neat, I would really enjoy it as would other people. We could wear wolves masks or something lol. Or people who dress up as characters and people would have to guess "who's under the mask!?"
HisLiquidTopazEyes
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by HisLiquidTopazEyes »

Melodymusic wrote:Blood Drives sound great. I'm against someone from the bookstore reading it. :twisted: They have to wait like the rest of us.
Having worked in a bookstore for the better part of 10 years, I can assure you that all of us have to wait, too. With titles this big, they don't even let us open the box until the time of release. I'm sure sometime, somewhere, some bad bookseller breaks the rules, but they would be in so much trouble if Little Brown found out!
Nik
Wandering Through Town

Post by Nik »

HisLiquidTopazEyes,

What bookstore are the events you were talking about at? They sound interesting. But, I'm probably not anywhere NEAR there...I'm in AZ.
"Magic, madame, is like wine, and if you are not used to it, it shall make you drunk." -Susanna Clarke, The ladies of Grace Adieu and other stories.
spirited41026
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by spirited41026 »

I love all of these ideas! What we need to do know is pick the best ones and present them to the person that is making the midnight release possible in our town. This is going to be AWESOME.
HisLiquidTopazEyes

Nik wrote:HisLiquidTopazEyes,

What bookstore are the events you were talking about at? They sound interesting. But, I'm probably not anywhere NEAR there...I'm in AZ.
I work at a Barnes & Noble in the greater Philadelphia area. Definitely nowhere near AZ :(

But if you have any buddies this way, send them over!
bookaddict333
Wandering Through Town

Re: Boys!

Post by bookaddict333 »

HisLiquidTopazEyes wrote: Also, to bookaddict333: For the record, I just want you to know that I swear I had not been on this website (or any other Twilight website) before I got the "Vampire Wedding" theme approved by my store's general manager. I definitely don't want any hard feelings about this because I know what it's like to want to the best, most unique event for your bookstore!
I honestly felt such a sense of relief when I read that! Thank you for letting me know! I was mostly panicked at the idea that a international company (I don't work for), would see the idea and then use it in all their stores. Thats the biggest reason why I put up that reply. (And, I completely agree with wanting a unique event for your bookstore.)

I also want everyone to know that I completely understand just how difficult it is to plan a Twilight party! In that light, I'm posting the other party theme ideas that I came up with that you can use.

(A note to Borders: Sorry but I would prefer if these also go on the no-touchy list. I want these to remain available to individual party planners who are in need of theme ideas.)

La Push Beach Party: Throw a beach party minus the beach!

Cullen Camp Out: For decorations, raid your camping equipment. Set up different "stations" in the store and use titles such as: Bella and Edward's camp site, The Meadow, and Newton's Outfitters. Have different activities at each one.

Activities:Draw pictures of the werewolves and see who can correctly identify them.
Set up one of those quizzes to see what kind of animal you would hunt if you were a Cullen. Example:

1. Would you rather hunt an animal based on:
a)stealth
b)size
c)difficulty
d)speed

If you chose mostly C's you would be Emmett...(etc)

Set up a Charlie's Werewolf hunting game. (Pretty much the ball under the cup game)

I'm not certain if anyone has suggested/done this one. If you have, please let me know so I can either credit you or remove it.

Alice's Pajama Party: Use pillows and blankets to decorate the area and encourage guests to dress in their pajamas! I've seen a tons of game ideas posted that would fit perfectly for this theme. Just be certain to gossip about the boys at Forks High!

Cullen Costume party: Encourage participants to dress up like the characters going to a costume party. Dress up like Rosealie going as Aphrodite, Alice like a ballet dancer or maybe Angela as an angel. (My personal favorites are Aro as a psychiatrist and Bella as a surgeon. Ha Ha Ha )Again there are many games posted that would fit this theme.

This is the one I did last year and it went really well. It was just a general Eclipse release party, but what I did was this, I took eight tables from the stores cafe and set them up around the store. I then decorated each one to reflect the character who "sat there". So it seemed as if I was holding a Twilight character conference, but all of them had bearly left.
I had tables such as:
Charlies Parenting Tips.
Cooking with Bella
Alices' Fashion Tips
Emmetts Sports Corner
Volturi Snack Bar- I taped a sign on that said "Please see receptionist for dinner." and another one that said "Due to conflicting interests with management, this table has been closed."
And then my favorite two. Right next to each other, I placed Mikes Kissing Booth, and Edwards Kissing Booth. Mikes table had a sign on it that said "Closed due to lack of interest", while Edwards table had a waiting list (With Bella's name filling it completely out.)
Now all of the tables were of course empty, but all the chairs that were placed next to them had excuses taped on. Such as gone fishing, Out with Jasper, etc. It was on these tables, that I taped questions to the trivia contest I held. They provided great decorations as well as being functional.

I hope all of these help you. If you use any of the above, just remember the most important thing,

Send me pictures!! :)
Why does game+set+match=tennis
but set+match+run=arson?
tiffi
Hanging Up on Jessica

Re: Boys!

Post by tiffi »

bookaddict333 wrote:This is the one I did last year and it went really well. It was just a general Eclipse release party, but what I did was this, I took eight tables from the stores cafe and set them up around the store. I then decorated each one to reflect the character who "sat there". So it seemed as if I was holding a Twilight character conference, but all of them had bearly left.
I had tables such as:
Charlies Parenting Tips.
Cooking with Bella
Alices' Fashion Tips
Emmetts Sports Corner
Volturi Snack Bar- I taped a sign on that said "Please see receptionist for dinner." and another one that said "Due to conflicting interests with management, this table has been closed."
And then my favorite two. Right next to each other, I placed Mikes Kissing Booth, and Edwards Kissing Booth. Mikes table had a sign on it that said "Closed due to lack of interest", while Edwards table had a waiting list (With Bella's name filling it completely out.)
Now all of the tables were of course empty, but all the chairs that were placed next to them had excuses taped on. Such as gone fishing, Out with Jasper, etc. It was on these tables, that I taped questions to the trivia contest I held. They provided great decorations as well as being functional.

I hope all of these help you. If you use any of the above, just remember the most important thing,

Send me pictures!! :)
thats such a good idea!!!!!!
[color=yellow]“my mortality. I'm putting it to a vote."

:D:D:D:D ~tiffi~ :D:D:D:D

-NBOAD THREAD!!!

[/color]
HisLiquidTopazEyes

Bookaddict333

Those were some fantastic ideas in your last post! What bookstore do you work for, and in what capacity, if I may ask??

I'm also glad I could help alleviate some of your fears. I would almost die if I found out that another store in my district was planning anything remotely like what I'm going to do!