Release Party GAmes...beyond trivia

For those of you looking to connect with others regarding release parties/events for The Host and Breaking Dawn
Frerard Addict
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Frerard Addict »

Oooh! I'd want to play Twilight Red rover!!! :o
[img]http://i28.tinypic.com/2n8c6qu.jpg[/img][img]http://i26.tinypic.com/akd0rk.gif[/img][img]http://i25.tinypic.com/1zdltkw.gif[/img]

Please read my fan fiction!
www.quizilla.com/user/lissete

[b]Team Switzerland![/b]

Bella: [i]Did you know, you're sort of beautiful?[/i]
Jacob: [i]You hit your head pretty hard, didn't you?[/i]
secsec1
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by secsec1 »

bookaddict333 wrote:
HisLiquidTopazEyes wrote:Bookaddict333

Those were some fantastic ideas in your last post! What bookstore do you work for, and in what capacity, if I may ask??

I'm also glad I could help alleviate some of your fears. I would almost die if I found out that another store in my district was planning anything remotely like what I'm going to do!
I don't mind at all! I also work at B&N! I'm currently a lead in the kids department. Can I also be nosey and ask which area you work in?
I work at B&N TOO!!!! I did a scavenger hunt for Harry Potter and i'm doing the ones for Breakind Dawn and Brisingr as well. I'm pretty much done with the Breakind Dawn one hehe. Its what happens when i'm bored at 2 am.

As to holding back and not reading the first chapter, I"M SOOOOOOOOO READING IT!!!!!!! (I have to go in on my day off to do so) i like trying to figure out whats going to happen next and then i can read message boards w/o worring about spoilers because i've read it for myself.

But go take part in your local store's parties. call around, if you have a couple stores all doing it in your area, see who's having the coolest party. for HP, all the Borders did the same thing, where the B&N could all kind of plan their own events. Dont know if it'll happen that way again or not, i'm sure it'll be a blast and i hope we are working as late as we were with Harry Potter!!!
HisLiquidTopazEyes
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by HisLiquidTopazEyes »

Did you see on bn.com the advertisement for the Breaking Dawn events says "wear your prom outfits"? We were not planning on having a prom in our store, but I'm trying to figure out if all of us have to now that the website says that. :(
I'm awaiting an email from my district manager as we speak.
Valkyrie
Settled in Forks

Post by Valkyrie »

These ideas are brilliant.

My store (Borders) is in the early stages of planning our party. We only have a skeleton of the events, and luckily we seem pretty free as to what 'theme' we want to go for.

We've talked about the Wedding theme, but it almost seems too...froofy? We would have an odd mix of fans I think, some dressed nice for a wedding, the others, wearing their torn jeans, chucks, and 'Team Edward/Jacob/Whatevs' t-shirts, lol.

Though the ideas that I really want to push for...

- Drive Like a Cullen (race RC cars)
- James Scavenger Hunt (we had one extremely similar to this for Harry Potter, but having the pictures of Kristen Stewart is awesome)
- Costume/T-Shirt Contest (doing both will be more fun)
- Trivia (self explanatory)
- Edward and Jacob Debate (because it's necessary)
- Breaking Dawn Predictions (prior to or following the Edward and Jacob Debate)
- Blood Drive (hahaha, we just don't want people getting sick around the store)

For the Trivia, Scavenger Hunt, Drive Like a Cullen, and active participation in the Debate and Predictions, we'll hand out tickets that can be used in a drawing at the end of the night for a big prize. What's the prize? Not telling : )

And prizes will be handed out for the Costume and T-shirt contests.

Oy! A rough draft. What do you guys think?
HisLiquidTopazEyes

I agree with you about the odd assortment of garb the fans will arrive in. That has posed a dilemma in my mind, although I don't expect it to really affect what's happening. As for the activities, Breaking Dawn Predictions, I love, and have been considering doing that. But I am also considering doing that during our Eclipse book group meeting instead. Drive like a Cullen could be fun...I'm just imagining the expense to get enough RC cars to race. As for the Blood Drive, we have one in the works with the American Red Cross. So, yes, I think that's a great idea!
Star-crossed
Settled in Forks

Re: Wow!

Post by Star-crossed »

horselovergurl wrote:There are a ton of awesome ideas here. :D Can't wait for the release party at the border's near me! (this is why borders > barnes and noble!)

Hmmm...if there is a Team Jacob vs. Team Edward, we'd have to have a tug of war. :) And Team Switzerland would just stand aside. lmao. i dunno. it might be a bit uneven then. haha.
OMG! Yes borders>B&N!!!!!! Dude at my store wew are decorating in 2 separate themes...half the store is Team Jacob/La Push theme the other half is Team Edward/engagement party theme!!!!

By the by these are fastastic game ideas!!!!!<3
secsec1
Buying a Better Raincoat

Blood Drive

Post by secsec1 »

for those book stores who are doing a blood drive, are you in a urban area or a smaller town?? I'm in a smaller town and like the idea, just not sure that 10 o'clock at night is the time that would have a big draw for such a thing. other problem, you have to be 17 or 16 with a parents permission to give blood and that demographic coming to the party going to be in that "gray" area.

let know what y'all think

Stacey
HisLiquidTopazEyes

We're currently discussing the logistics with the Red Cross. My store is in the Greater Philadelphia area, so the population is decent. One thing I'm considering is to have the blood drive during the day to get people really hyped about what we're doing that night. Also, this would alleviate the problem of using the large event space in our store. The Red Cross would like to use that room for the blood collection, but we need it for our live band/dance that night. The two cannot happen simultaneously, so by having the blood drive during the day, we can just say that we are having "all day festivities" in celebration of the book. Well, at least I think that's the answer to any problems involving doing all of this.
Mouse Circus
Settled in Forks

Post by Mouse Circus »

MoGanHannah wrote:how about carlise's quickest bandage competition?

do like a mummy style wrap on people and who ever can do it the quickest wins!
:D
hhaha. corny, but it's a thought.

and a bella's grace competition. see who can walk the longest distance with books on their head?
;D
That's adorable!

I love that idea...is it OK if I use it??

Sarah
Chance_26
Settled in Forks

random thoughts on fun stuff

Post by Chance_26 »

hey guys. i'm in charge of my bookstores midnight party. they have given me absolutly $0 to work with, so basically everything is coming out of my pocket if i want to spend anything. lol. so. i'm here reading these ideas and i LOVE them.
the one with the RC cars? that is GREAT. and to the person who isn't sure about the cost? does anyone you know have little boys?
my son has i dont know. a million little race cars! so i think that could be a fun thing to do...
another thought is putting a name of a character on peoples back. they have to as yes or no questions to see if they can guess it.
i'm also working with the movie theater by us to get a g/c for 'tickets to twilight' even though it doesnt come out until dec, they can use it for anything, but we're going to promote it as tickets to the movie, anyway...

just a thought...