Nevada, Las Vegas (BD)

For those of you looking to connect with others regarding release parties/events for The Host and Breaking Dawn
Aynsley
Wandering Through Town

Post by Aynsley »

I can't see anything that isn't within 30 days. I wonder why that is.

I don't see how it would be possible to have an actual release party, unless the publishers feel compelled to give us boxes of books, but it would be nice to have some kind of event, at least, if there won't be any actual release parties. I'm feeling rather put out...it seems that the stores would be excited to encourage sales for something like the Twilight phenomenom, but the attitude I picked up was that Harry Potter was one thing, and every other book is another. quite annoying.
MoGanHannah
Settled in Forks

Post by MoGanHannah »

hmmm.
i can't find the link where i found it, but i will when i get home from work.

when i posted that reply i was on my schools computer and we don't have access to anything that has to do with shopping, so trying to access the borders website to give you the list was not really an option. i'm sure if the rainbow/lake mead store isn't will to comply with us than another store might be more than happy. who knows? but twilight is sooo much larger than harry potter. according to the best sellers list, anyways. i'll go back down there tomorrow before work and pick a few brains.
:D i am a pro at chewing people out to get what i want. learned it from my dad. hahaha

but even if no stores feel like helping us, then yes some sort of party would be nice. i'm sure we could find a place or something that would let a bunch of twi-hards take it over for a day or so. or maybe someone with large house? hmm?
it's all just an idea.

but i have to rush off to work. :D
keep me posted if anything new happennsss
[size=75]"And now look has become of you! Trying to seduce a vampire."[/size]
Aynsley
Wandering Through Town

Post by Aynsley »

Ugh. I remember high school and locked computers. I feel you pain.

It sounds as though you can talk the bookstores into having a release party (if anyone can).

My only real idea for an event would be to somehow talk Little, Brown into letting us have one copy early, to read the first chapter at midnight, or raffle off for charity, or something. Plus, it's nice to have an excuse to got all dressed up for something!
MoGanHannah
Settled in Forks

Post by MoGanHannah »

haha yes locked computers do suckkk.
it's ridiculous.

but i think i'll be able to persuade some one. :D
you just gotta bug em long enough. and i think if enough of us bug them for long enough, they'll do what we want so we'll leave them alone. :D

and that is a good idea, but is it plausible? if some i'm totally on board! and dressing up is always fun! :DD

EDITTTT: :D here is the link for the stores that are having the parties.
told you i'd find it when i got home from work :DD

http://storelocator.barnesandnoble.com/ ... 58.worker2
Aynsley
Wandering Through Town

Post by Aynsley »

Found it! But no details yet. So I have no idea about theme, or a costume. But at least there will be one!
MoGanHannah
Settled in Forks

Post by MoGanHannah »

yay! which store?
:D
Aynsley
Wandering Through Town

Post by Aynsley »

It looks like all the Barnes and Nobles are having parties. I'd rather go to Borders, since I get a better discount, but I go where the party is...
MoGanHannah
Settled in Forks

Post by MoGanHannah »

i've always been a borders girl, but i'm tottaly with you on that one. go where the party is.

hmm. maybe we'll just see how it plays out. :D

anyways, what were your ideas for a theme?
Aynsley
Wandering Through Town

Post by Aynsley »

No idea whatsoever.

...I have a friend, who is tall, and blonde, and gorgeous (and taken, unfortunately)...I'm busy trying to remember exactly how many favors ho owes me so I can shove him in some scrubs and bring him...my hair is close to Esme's.

If my blackmail scheme doesn't work, I'll probably just wear a Twilight shirt.
MoGanHannah
Settled in Forks

Post by MoGanHannah »

hahaha.
nice.

uhhhm
my friend and i are going to make our own shirts with witting saying on them from the books and such and just wear ALOT of them and sparattically take off one shirt reveling another. hahah. we are weird. :D