Massachusetts

For those of you looking to connect with others regarding release parties/events for The Host and Breaking Dawn
IrishTea
Settled in Forks

Post by IrishTea »

yay, Burlington is having a release party! I'm glad Western Massers won't have to travel a lot like for the book signing, I met a lot people who travelled crazy for the signing.

Hmm... are you guys going to Borders or Barnes and Noble? I like how B&N has a set time, I don't think I've heard one yet for Borders
Alice

Post by Alice »

IrishTea wrote:yay, Burlington is having a release party! I'm glad Western Massers won't have to travel a lot like for the book signing, I met a lot people who travelled crazy for the signing.

Hmm... are you guys going to Borders or Barnes and Noble? I like how B&N has a set time, I don't think I've heard one yet for Borders

I'm leaning towards Barnes & Noble. Mostly because I like Barnes & Noble stores better than Borders.

And even thought I'm way in the Western part of the state, I'm considering going all the way to Burlington. Only because they've dealt with Twilight crowds before and would know how to handle it. And also, they have that niceee mall right across the street. =]]
IrishTea
Settled in Forks

Post by IrishTea »

Alice wrote:
IrishTea wrote:yay, Burlington is having a release party! I'm glad Western Massers won't have to travel a lot like for the book signing, I met a lot people who travelled crazy for the signing.

I'm leaning towards Barnes & Noble. Mostly because I like Barnes & Noble stores better than Borders.

And even thought I'm way in the Western part of the state, I'm considering going all the way to Burlington. Only because they've dealt with Twilight crowds before and would know how to handle it. And also, they have that niceee mall right across the street. =]]
that's true the mall will kill some time. I work there :-)
Vixen with a Vendetta
Settled in Forks

Post by Vixen with a Vendetta »

Oh sweet, I'm glad to see there's a Mass thread here. ^^
I live about 20 minutes away from Burlington. I have no idea if I'm going to one of the parties yet, never mind which one.
[size=67]"I've witnessed first hand the power of ideas, I've seen people kill in the name of them, and die defending them... but you cannot kiss an idea, cannot touch it, or hold it... ideas do not bleed, they do not feel pain, they do not love... And it is not an idea that I miss, it is a man... A man that made me remember the Fifth of November. A man that I will never forget." - Evey[/size]
Flynn
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Flynn »

I found a flier a few days ago at the Burlington Barnes and Noble that read:

' Teen Book Group (Ages 12-18, all are welcome)
Sunday June 1st at 6 p.m.
Discussion Twilight and New Moon
Come Discuss the first 2 books and help us plan for our Midnight Prom for the August 2nd release of Breaking Dawn...'

So there might be a prom theme for the Barnes and Noble party!
Alice

Post by Alice »

Flynn wrote:I found a flier a few days ago at the Burlington Barnes and Noble that read:

' Teen Book Group (Ages 12-18, all are welcome)
Sunday June 1st at 6 p.m.
Discussion Twilight and New Moon
Come Discuss the first 2 books and help us plan for our Midnight Prom for the August 2nd release of Breaking Dawn...'

So there might be a prom theme for the Barnes and Noble party!
oh my, another prom!
{it looks like i'm going out to the burlington signing.}

in other new, i saw this sign at my local borders. so, if you want to know if yours is having a party for sure, just check at the store.
IrishTea
Settled in Forks

Post by IrishTea »

eh, i don't know if I would want to go to a prom-themed party. I think games and stuff would be more fun. Maybe I will go to Borders afterall...
MelissaxCullen
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Peabody @ Borders

Post by MelissaxCullen »

They're definetly having one at the Borders in Peabody, because I called the other day and talked with someone who told me, (I screamed at her cause I was so happy!) and I went to Borders to reserve my copy and the guy told me again. I don't know if it's a prom though. I want to dress up as a typical vampire....fangs etc. And it is at midnight, maybe they're having one at the Barnes and Noble too? I'd go back and forth!
"I'm hardly a lottery prize," he growled.
"That's right. You're much better." - Twilight pg. 476

[img]http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn197/xBREAKINGxxDAWNx/teamconfused.jpg[/img]
kerrysmiles
Settled in Forks

Nashaua B&N

Post by kerrysmiles »

So I will most likely be going to B&Ns for the midnight release... my friends and I... I'm wicked excited! Are there any plans for meeting up or what?
"Are you referring to the fact that you can't walk across a flat surface without finding something to trip over?"
bracelettes
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by bracelettes »

Does anyone know anything about a south shore release party? I have group of friends(Including myself) That live just south of Boston, so you see Burlington is quite a drive.