Selangor, Petaling Jaya [Malaysia]

For those of you looking to connect with others regarding release parties/events for The Host and Breaking Dawn
ally_j
Settled in Forks

Selangor, Petaling Jaya [Malaysia]

Post by ally_j »

I bet nobody else is here :( , but it's worth a shot.

Me and my friends Debbie and KP are planning a little party/get together the morning of the release of Eclipse. We're guessing it'll be at 12 noon, pm me if anyone's around the area! :D *crosses fingers and hopes*
"You have dishonored my Happy Mu Shu Palace!"
snarky
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

You bet salah!

Post by snarky »

Hi Ally_j

I kat Singapura tapi I anak Malaysia!

Near enough to PJ for you? :D
ally_j
Settled in Forks

Post by ally_j »

Hey Snarky! :)

Do you think you could make it here for the Eclispe release?
snarky

Post by snarky »

I'll have to check. When's the release?
ally_j
Settled in Forks

Post by ally_j »

It's on the 2nd of August. My friends and I are planning to go to maybe MPH in 1Utama or Borders at the Curve. It's mostly just going to be a small group of us. Maybe after that we'll just go somewhere and hang. Unfortunately, none of the major bookstores are having a party and I've talked to all of the ones around my area. Most probably, we'll just be hanging out somewhere. I could organize some games, but it won't be anything to ammount to say getting a ballroom in a hotel or something :P.
snarky

Post by snarky »

Heh. We could just sit around and read Breaking Dawn together! I'll have to confirm with you later on because I'm not too sure about my work schedule.

I just spoke with the bookstores here and they're saying Breaking Dawn's scheduled for release here in Singapore within the first two weeks of August.
ally_j
Settled in Forks

Post by ally_j »

We could do that, but I'll probably be horrible and end up spoiling it for everybody :oops: . I speed-read a book the first time through, just cause I want to know the ending :oops: . Then I read it again to pick out the parts that I missed. Then I read it a 3rd time to enjoy it.

Aaanyways, let me know as soon as you can. That way, I can start planning things.
Bunnisteffi
Wandering Through Town

Post by Bunnisteffi »

snarky wrote: I just spoke with the bookstores here and they're saying Breaking Dawn's scheduled for release here in Singapore within the first two weeks of August.
At Kinokuniya here, it has been late by a couple of days/weeks for the previous two books. I remember marching into the store, only to be told that it wasn't in yet.

Borders may have it slightly earlier. Eclipse was out at Wheelock's Borders Main Store before Kino.

Are there enough Singaporeans to start a release party here, anyway? I know there's many girls who read it, but there aren't too many hardcore fans. :roll:

Bunnisteffi
[i] Stupid men are the only ones worth knowing, after all.[/i]- Elizabeth Bennet

Bunnisteffi. The VAMP-Bunni. *hops* *bites* *sucks*
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v728/Bunnisteffi/Bunnicula-Bunnisteffi-Framed.jpg[/img]
snarky

Post by snarky »

Bunnisteffi wrote:At Kinokuniya here, it has been late by a couple of days/weeks for the previous two books. I remember marching into the store, only to be told that it wasn't in yet.

Borders may have it slightly earlier. Eclipse was out at Wheelock's Borders Main Store before Kino.

Are there enough Singaporeans to start a release party here, anyway? I know there's many girls who read it, but there aren't too many hardcore fans. :roll:

Bunnisteffi
Haiz, does that mean I should play it safe by pre-ordering it and asking my cousin to courier it to me from Texas?

Singapore fans-wise, I've only got myself and a friend who'd be up to a get-together.
Bunnisteffi
Wandering Through Town

Post by Bunnisteffi »

Uh... Actually, I've managed to set up a thread on sgcafe regarding a Breaking Dawn meet-up. They're at least 8 who're interested. want to join up? :)

I don't know if I should pre-order, too. My dad never allowed me to pre-order for both New Moon and Eclipse. Will the books arrive earlier through the mail than through the bookstores, anyway?

Bunnisteffi
[i] Stupid men are the only ones worth knowing, after all.[/i]- Elizabeth Bennet

Bunnisteffi. The VAMP-Bunni. *hops* *bites* *sucks*
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v728/Bunnisteffi/Bunnicula-Bunnisteffi-Framed.jpg[/img]