Midnight Sun

Other articles penned by Stephenie.

Re: Not True

Postby mandustries » Wed Jul 09, 2008 11:13 am

vampgirl9 wrote:Forever_Edward_Cullen- Wrote

Supposedly, from the rumor mill, SM's going to continue the series from other people's point of view, which in my mind means we might get later stories that include Bella and Edward but are not directly from their point of view. Which could be fun too.
As much as I love Edward, I think re-reading all the books from his point of view wouldn't be the smartest way to go. People might fault SM for taking the easy way out, and we all know she'd never do that. She's too good.

No i dont agree with that...look on her website on the Midnight Sun page it says that it is EXTREMLY hard to write a book in Edwards point of view..that he overthinks things and he looks at things differently from other beings.
So i dont think that it would be taking the easy way out, because writing from his view is a lot harder. I also think that i would be a smart choice if she did write all 4 in Edwards thought...so many people love him and are wondering what he actually thinks...what he hears...what he feels.
I for one am totally for 4 books in Edwards point of view...i think it would help me understand more about him...also i kind of want to know what he was doing in NM. :)
So im all for it.
[/b]

I actually meant taking the easy-way out in re-writing the same stories. New Moon would be a lot different, because we'd see Edward when he's tracking Victoria, but the other books would have pretty much the same plot. I'd love to read them all by Edward too, but I can see how some critics might think she wasn't being original. I didn't mean to say that writing from Edward's point of view would be easy. :)
Banner made by me!
I'll never hear thunder the same way again.
Proud Cullenist—Member of
Alice House
mandustries
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Postby Eyes of Heaven » Wed Jul 09, 2008 9:13 pm

Well might i say that i have read that beloved first chapter of midnight sun at least a dozen times, i love it!! i cant wait for more, because i am so curious to how he thinks. i wonder how she will write the times when he goes and hunts. that will be interesting. cant wait!!!

"And so the lion fell in love with the lamb..."

"Bella, I promise to love you forever- every single day of forever, will you marry me?"
Eyes of Heaven
Buying a Better Raincoat

Postby mandustries » Wed Jul 09, 2008 9:22 pm

Nice banner Eyes of Heaven! ;)
Banner made by me!
I'll never hear thunder the same way again.
Proud Cullenist—Member of
Alice House
mandustries
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Postby Eyes of Heaven » Thu Jul 10, 2008 5:16 am

This book, midnight Sun, interests me because it will explain the personality and tendencies of vampires (well, you know) it will show you how Edward fell head over heels in love with Bella......and im so excited for it!!

"And so the lion fell in love with the lamb..."

"Bella, I promise to love you forever- every single day of forever, will you marry me?"
Eyes of Heaven
Buying a Better Raincoat

Postby leahfellinlovwithtwilight » Sat Jul 12, 2008 11:06 pm

Eyes of Heaven wrote:This book, midnight Sun, interests me because it will explain the personality and tendencies of vampires (well, you know) it will show you how Edward fell head over heels in love with Bella......and im so excited for it!!

i know this is possible the best part that will come of midnight sun!! i've always wanted to see how he figured out he loved BELLA and not her BLOOD
oh, and freekin team jane! hope she finds a nice vampire boy thats not quite as hot as edward, but pretty freekin close!

"when i got home, all my things were in the garage."
edward cullen
leahfellinlovwithtwilight
Banging out dents with Tyler

Postby Daaancewithmeee » Sun Jul 13, 2008 12:26 pm

It would be really cool if Stephenie Meyer did the books in Jacobs perspective. I've always been curious as to how he thinks and what on God's green earth he is thinking. haha

But I, too, have read the first chapter of Midnight Sun and I love it. If Stephenie did the whole series in his view it would answer alot of questions that fans may have about him. And we may find out the one moment where Edward decided that he had to leave. I think it will be great. Reading what Stephenie has already written, how can it not?
"Does my being half-naked bother you?" -Jacob Black
Daaancewithmeee
Settled in Forks

Previous

Return to Odds and Ends