Chapter Three: The End

Our chapter by chapter discussion of New Moon.

Postby i heart cullen » Sat Jul 12, 2008 12:21 am

1. Did you feel a sense of foreboding in this chapter? At what point did you feel what was coming? Or did it take you by surprise?

Yes. As soon as Edward started not acting the same, I could tell something majorly bad was going to happen.

2. Just as Bella did, have you ever felt that subconscious desire to grasp a hold of a relationship slipping away?

Yes I have. One time I could tell things were starting to go wrong for an unexplainable reason and tried to figure out why but it never ended up working out. I'm actually glad now and basically regret that whole relationship lol.

3. Edward's speech was definitely a harsh one, but did it grasp reality for you as it did for Bella? Or were you expecting him to run back to her at any moment? Did you believe him as readily as Bella did?

I definitely didn't believe that he didn't love or want her anymore. I knew that was impossible. I wasn't sure if he was coming back. Actually right after I read it I went to the last page to cheat & see if things would be okay haha.

4. When Sam appeared during the search, describe your gut reaction to his presence.

I wasn't really paying that much attention to him, I just assumed he was another police officer & an insignificant character.

5. Describe your reaction as you read the Months pages.

I felt so sad for her! I think that was an extremely creative way to make the readers understand how much she was hurt, that three [?] months were just empty.
Image<br>banner made by mayde @ the vesparium.<bR><br><B>TEAM EDWARD.</b>
i heart cullen
Settled in Forks

Postby Levi2k8 » Sun Jul 13, 2008 12:20 pm

1. did you feel a sence of forboding in this chapter? at what point did you feel what was coming? or did t take you by surprise?

i sort of saw it coming in a way by the way that bella said he was acting: staying away from her and not staying the night etc... but i was so upset when he actually did doit, i was so depressed and i cried a lot.

2. just as bella did, have you ever felt your subconcious desire to grasp a hold of a relationship slipping away?

yes. i was so in love and then he tried to pull himself away and i felt the same numbness bella feels, i was so depressed reading that chater as i knew wat she was going through.

3. Edward's speech was definitely a harsh one, but did it grasp realtiy for you as it did bella? or were you expecting him to run back at any moment? did you belive him a redily as bella did?

no i didnt belive him i knew that there was no way he didnt love her after risking a lot with and or her but i didnt tink he would come running back.... it made me cry.

4. when sam appeared during the serach, describe your gut

reaction to his prescence.
i wasnt paying attention to him, i was to angry with edward and upset for bella to pay attention.

5. describe you reaction to the months pages.

that were my main trigger point, i started crying and couldnt stop, i was so upset and angry.
"it will be as if i never existed" :(
Levi2k8
Settled in Forks

Postby ClairDeLune » Sun Jul 13, 2008 9:26 pm

1. Did you feel a sense of foreboding in this chapter? At what point did you feel what was coming? Or did it take you by surprise?
i could kind of tell what was going to happen, only because i've been in a similar situation. [of course not with the whole vampire issue]

2. Just as Bella did, have you ever felt that subconscious desire to grasp a hold of a relationship slipping away?
yes i have. i just have this kind of hope that maybe some guys can change for the better and will come back. or that things will go back the way they were in the beginning of a relationship.

3. Edward speech was definitely a harsh one, but did it grasp reality for you as it did for Bella? Or were you expecting him to run back to her at any moment? Did you believe him as readily as Bella did?
unfortunately i did believe him as fast as bella did. it goes back to the whole personal history thing though.

4. When Sam appeared during the search, describe your gut reaction to his presence.
it was a blur of emotion. if i were to put myself in bella's place, i wouldn't have wanted to be found by anyone except edward. but i probably would have been too numb to care if someone had come along.

5. Describe your reaction as you read the 'Months' pages.
i felt like i could relate. just time slipping away both fast and slow at the same time, but you don't realize seem to realize that life is passing you by. it made me sad.
banner by lalaith913
ClairDeLune
Settled in Forks

Previous

Return to From Forks to Italy and Back